PROTECT FROM LIGHT
Store at room temperature; if freezing occurs, thaw before using. Protect from light; direct sunlight may cause discoloration. Freezing or discoloration does not affect potency. Prepare a fresh stock solution daily.
CHICKENS AND TURKEYS
- If animals show no improvement within 5 days, discontinue treatment and re-evaluate diagnosis. Handle the recommended dilutions (chickens 0.05% and turkeys 0.025%) as regular drinking water. Administer as sole source of drinking water and sulfonamide medication. Chickens and turkeys that have survived fowl cholera outbreaks should not be kept for replacements or breeders.
- During treatment period, make certain that animals maintain adequate water intake. If animals show no improvement within 2 or 3 days, re-evaluate diagnosis. Treatment should not be continued beyond 5 days.
RESTRICTED DRUG. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED - NOT FOR HUMAN USE.
CHICKENS AND TURKEYS
- Withdraw 5 days before slaughter. Do not administer to chickens over 16 weeks (112 days) of age or to turkeys over 24 weeks (168 days) of age.
- Withdraw 7 days before slaughter.
For dairy calves, dairy heifers and beef cattle only.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
|Chickens||0.05%||Add 1 fl oz* to 2 gallons of drinking water or 25 fl oz to 50 gallons of drinking water.|
|Turkeys||0.025%||Add 1 fl oz* to 4 gallons of drinking water or 25 fl oz to 100 gallons of drinking water.|
Automatic Proportioners** Stock Solution
To make 2 gallons of Stock Solution use:
|CHICKENS||1 gallon Sulforal (sulfadimethoxine) 12.5% Drinking Water Solution Concentrate - plus - 1 gallon of water|
|TURKEYS||2 quarts Sulforal (sulfadimethoxine) 12.5% Drinking Water Solution Concentrate - plus - 6 quarts of water|
TREATMENT PERIOD - 6 consectutive days
|Dosage||Sulforal (sulfadimethoxine) IN WATER|
|DAIRY CALVES, DAIRY HEIFERS AND BEEF CATTLE||25 mg/lb first day followed by 12.4 mg/lb/day for 4 days||WATER CONSUMPTION|
|1 gallon / † 100 lb. b.w.||1 gallon / † 100 lb. b.w.|
|FIRST DAY||1 pint (16 fl Oz.) to:||25 gallons||16 gallons|
|1 quart (32 fl Oz.) to:||50 gallons||33 gallons|
|1 gallon (128 fl Oz.) to:||200 gallons||127 gallons|
|NEXT 4 DAYS ADD||1 pint (16 fl Oz.) to:||50 gallons||33 gallons|
|1 quart (32 fl Oz.) to:||100 gallons||66 gallons|
|1 gallon (128 fl Oz.) to:||400 gallons||266 gallons|
This dosage recommendation is based on a water consumption of 1 gallon per 100 lb. Of body weight per day, the expected water consumption rate for summer. Water consumption during cold months (winter) may drop markedly (30-40%). Accordingly, adjustments in a drug concentration in drinking water must be able to insure proper drug intake.
For individual treatment of SULFORAL (sulfadimethoxine) 12.5% Drinking Water Solution may be given as a drench. Administer using same mg.lb dosage as outlined above. Four fluid ounces will medicate one-600 lb. animal initially or two-600 lb. animals on maintenance dose.
TREATMENT PERIOD - 5 consecutive days
* 1 fl oz. SULFORAL (sulfadimethoxine) 12.5% drinking water solution = 30mL or 2 tablespoonfuls.
** Set proportioner to a feed rate of 1 fl oz. of SULFORAL (sulfadimethoxine) Stock Solution per gallon of water.
ANADA 200-251, Approved by FDA